Medical Tenders: The Fundamentals
Medical tenders and where to find them
Medical tenders could be used to procure a wide range of medical goods or services. They can range from the provision and installation of medical equipment to medical services and medical insurance.
Within the UK, the largest procurer of medical services is the NHS. The responsibility of the procurement of medical tenders is split between several organisations. These are:
- The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC)
- NHS England
- Public Health England.
Medical tenders for the NHS are commissioned by:
- Local Clinical Commissioning Groups
- The Crown Commercial Service
- The NHS Supply Chain and NHS Procurement Hubs.
Before starting your tendering response for any medical tenders, you should ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I have the time and resources to fulfil the contract?
- Does my business meet the economic and financial thresholds required?
- Do I have enough experience?
- Can I produce a high-quality submission?
If the answer to any of the above questions is no, then it’s probably not right for you. Tendering for work takes a lot of time and resources. It can be a lucrative line of business to go down however, particularly in Healthcare.
This is because healthcare and medical tenders are often comprised of framework agreements and Dynamic Purchasing Systems (DPS). These can run for years at a time and, when working in the public sector, can guarantee income for your business.
Need help with writing your next medical tenders?
If you don’t have the resources or time inhouse to write a winning medical tender, why not outsource it? Our sister company, Hudson Succeed, boast an 87% success rate and have over 60 years of collective bidding experience. We offer four bid writing support packages that can get you on the path to success. Whether you’re new to tendering, or simply need someone to proof your written response before you submit – we can help.
Our Tender Ready programme is designed for those who have never tendered before. This 4-week programme works with you to ensure you have everything in place to tender successfully. It includes a 12-month subscription to Healthcare Tenders.
Tender Improvement can help if you’re already tendering but aren’t seeing success from your current efforts. Our Bid Writers will assess your previous submissions and supporting documents. They’ll give you feedback and guidance on how to improve, helping you to secure your next medical tenders.
If you’ve written a medical tender response and need someone to proofread it – Tender Mentor is for you. A Bid Writer will double-check it’s in line with the specification and free of any grammar or spelling mistakes.
If you’ve found the perfect medical tender but don’t know where to start – we can help. Send the specification over to us and our Bid Team will do the rest. They’ll let you know what they need from you and provide you with a full Tender Writing breakdown. They’ll even submit it on your behalf, leaving you more time to focus on your business.
Get in touch to find out more information.
Where can I find medical tenders?
You may be wondering where you can find medical tenders. You likely don’t have the time to trawl through thousands of websites, relying on inaccurate CPV codes. Searching for the right opportunity for your business can turn into quite the headache. Luckily for you, we have a solution.
Our Healthcare Tenders portal uploads all the relevant tenders in the healthcare industry across the UK. This helps to streamline the process, saving you time and resources.
What makes Healthcare Tenders different?
Healthcare Tenders is a time-saving tool. Our Opportunity Trackers manually search thousands of sites for the latest healthcare leads and opportunities. They upload a whole range of opportunities such as single-provider contracts, NHS frameworks and DPSs. Once they are uploaded to our portal, you can filter the results by budget, keyword, location and more.
A dedicated Account Manager is on-hand to answer any questions you may have about the tendering process. You’ll also receive a daily email bulletin straight to your inbox containing all the new healthcare tenders uploaded that day. This will save you even more time, allowing you to find the perfect medical tenders for your business.
Below are previous medical tenders sourced on our portal:
Alternative Provider Medical Service — Windermere and Bowness Medical Practice
NHS England and NHS Improvement North West- North West- Budget: Undisclosed
Devon CCG – Primary Medical Services in Sherford (ITT)
NHS SCW CSU- South West- Budget: £819,700
Forensic Medical Services (Children’s and Archway)
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde- Scotland- Budget: Undisclosed
General Medical Services (17J)
NHS Highland- Scotland- Budget: £300,000
Provision of Primary Medical Services at HMP Kilmarnock
NHS Ayrshire & Arran- Scotland- Budget: Undisclosed
We source healthcare tenders for the following sub-sectors:
Book a free live demo today.
Want to save even more time?
Upgrading to Discover Elite can help optimise your tendering efforts even when you’re busy! Our two upgraded packages are particularly useful if your business runs across two sectors, such as Healthcare and Technology.
A dedicated Account Manager will carefully consider which medical tenders are most suitable for your business. This will help improve your competitor awareness and bid success rate.
The Ultimate Time-Saving Tool offers your business:
- An annual subscription to a maximum of two Discover portals of your choice.
- Up to five bid breakdowns per month to help you make your bid or no-bid
- Weekly phone calls with your Account Manager to discuss viable medical leads and tendering opportunities.
- Award and pre-market engagement notices monitored on your behalf.
- Public and private buyer portal management including registering, password management, downloading documents and assessing viability based on your bid strategy.
Become a Pre-Bid Master package offers your business:
- All of the above.
- Up to seven tender breakdowns per month.
- The development of a bid strategy delivered by a Senior Bid Manager with a minimum of 5 years of experience. It will also be managed by our Global Bid Director.
Contact us for more information.
You Might Also Like
- What are Supporting People Contracts?
- How to Find & Win NHS Contracts for Tender
- 3 Things to Consider When Writing Your Ambulance Tender Response
- 5 Tips for Writing a Successful Orthodontic Tendering Response
- Where to Find an NHS Tender Portal
- 5 Things Required for Mental Health Tenders in the UK
- A Guide to Contract Laboratory Services
- The NHS Tendering Process Explained
- What is the NHS London Procurement Partnership?
- 7 Things to Consider When Applying for Hospital Tenders